I have created a simple online form using Access with ColdFusion using Dreamweaver. It works perfectly while my testing server is on my computer but when I upload it to the server it comes up with error message:

'Error Executing Database Query.

[Macromedia][SequeLink JDBC Driver][ODBC Socket][Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] 'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\function\function.mdb' is not a valid path. Make sure that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file resides. The error occurred in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\functionroomsperth.com.au\httpdocs\test1.cfm: line 70
68 : <cfelse>69 : NULL70 : </cfif>71 : )72 : </cfquery>
I presume it is happening because the path to the database is wrong as it is still trying to look at the database on my computer and not the server?? I didn't know where to change the path and what the path would be called. I tried to change the path in the ColdFusion Administraor under the Datascource - Database file but it kept coming up with error message so I don't know if I type it in correctly?

I emailed my ISP for help and they said they created CF datasource for me but I still got the error message.

Also I am just saving my ColdFusion files just under the root directory on the server, do they need to be in a special folder ie cgi-bin?

Thanks

I have manage to figure the problem out myself, I had the wrong address, it should have been

[INSERT INTO C:\Inetpub\vhosts\mywebaddress\mydatabase etc] instead of [INSERT INTO C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\myfolder\mydatabase]

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.