Hi,

I would like to set up a html email that gets sent to a mailing list for a client. However I have never done this and am really unsure about where to start.

The way i am intending it to work, is for the client to just click a submit button and then the newsletter gets sent to a list of people in the database that are clients. Is this possible?
and does it work like a normal form would? Except the contents are html, and the TO email address is a massive list?

Do I put all the contents of the html email including all the styling etc, in the message part of the email?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

QWaz

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Same here, i m designing d CRM for real eastate, so i would like to get d system such that, after taking all of d details of client and filling d form, dis data must be sent to d intended client.

At a time, mail will b sent to only 1 client

To send HTML email, you need an email account that supports standard email protocols like POP, IMAP, and SMTP. Your email account should also support MIME types. Nearly all Internet email accounts work with POP or IMAP and use SMTP to send mail.

You'll need an email client or Web based email program that supports sending and receiving HTML email.http://www.sityambition.com

Same here, i m designing d CRM for real eastate, so i would like to get d system such that, after taking all of d details of client and filling d form, dis data must be sent to d intended client.

At a time, mail will b sent to only 1 client

So are you saying that you have done one?
and do you also mean that when you set it up, it only sends one email at a time?

Cheers,

QWaz

@QWaz no no

m also thinking of implementing dis email feature :)

if u have a great enough server that it will let u use up so much resorces or whatever that sending an email takes up. do a while statement and send the email to each one. like u would do anything else. just send the email:

$message = "your html email make sure to use \ infront of double quotes";
$headers = "From: noreply@yoursite.com\r\n";
$headers .= "Reply-To: noreply@yoursite.com\r\n";
$headers .= "MIME-Version: 1.0\r\n";
$headers .= "Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii\r\n"; 
$headers .= "X-Mailer: PHP/" . phpversion();

/*
    Added the following line to wrap your email's body at 70 characters.  Failure to do this will sometimes cause data loss within the email.
    */
    $message = wordwrap($message, 70);

$people = mysql_query("SELECT columnwithemail FROM users WHERE sendemail = '$yes'");
while($ex = mysql_fetch_array($people)){
$to = ex[columnwithemail];
$subject = "newsletter to ".$to." from blahh blah ";
mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers);}
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.