vt10000 0 Newbie Poster

Hi. I have existing project written by someone else that utilizes custom User Control that among other things contains a GridView control.

I'm working on implementing the bulk-edit function so that users can modify data in many rows at once and then update the database accordingly.

My problem is that in all examples that I see in order to implement this functionality you need to Override the CreateRow method, at which point you are able to put it in Edit State. The issue is that since my custom control inherits from User Control and not from GridView this protected method is not available.

If I change the inheritance to GridView, tons of other things break inside this code, so I'd like to avoid that.

My question is, is there anyway to still override the CreateRow if I'm inheriting from UserControl class and not GridView.

If this is not very clear, please let me know and I'll try to explain further.

I really need help with this, as it is time sensitive and it's always hard to work with someone elses code, especially if you've been doing back end development for past 5 years and now need to do asp.net.

Thanks in advance!

Alex