Hello,

my problem is complicated and my english is limited, sorry for that.

i have a website and im writing control panel for it. I've worked with databases too many times and i know what should i do. I have a code like this:

Rs.Open "SELECT * FROM news", Cn, 1, 3
      Rs.AddNew

there is no problem with this code but it gives me "Recordset error '800a0cb3'
Current Recordset does not support updating. This may be a limitation of the provider, or of the selected locktype. " error. this problem is related with lock types generally but i've tried every combination. also i've written tens of control panels with this code and there is no problem either. after 2 hours, i moved a "working control panels files from an old website" to my new website directory and its giving that error too. i mean working code is not working when i move files to my new websites directory. then i've tried to move "not working control panel files" to old websites directory, and its working. so problem is about directories.

in short:
i have 2 website directory in /intepub/ folder.
files in directories are completly same.
i'm changing "default websites home directory" from iis. code is working when i set home directory to old websites folder but not working with new website folder. it should be related with settings but i dont know how to fix it.

thanks for helps.

The problem is likely to be with the SQL provider installed on the server. It may be the case that SQL provider does not support updating of recordsets.
As a workaround, you can simply execute an INSERT statement against the connection and then do Rs.Open "SELECT * FROM news", Cn, 1, 3 so that your Rs will contain the newly inserted record.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.