Hi Guys

I wrote a little web app to integrate with an SQLite database.

When the database is on a local PC, there is no problem connecting to it as in:

$connect = new PDO("sqlite:\path\to\database.db");

Now I've been asked if I can adapt it to connect to a linux device on the network. I've tried using the php script to login over ssh, but I can't find a command that will allow my script access to the .db file.

The linux device can be connected to via ftp to view the file structure as an alternative to the ssh command line, but again I haven't been able to find away to give my script access to the .db file via ftp.

Is there a really obvious way to do this that I'm missing?

Help appreciated.

Hi Guys

I wrote a little web app to integrate with an SQLite database.

When the database is on a local PC, there is no problem connecting to it as in:

$connect = new PDO("sqlite:\path\to\database.db");

Now I've been asked if I can adapt it to connect to a linux device on the network. I've tried using the php script to login over ssh, but I can't find a command that will allow my script access to the .db file.

The linux device can be connected to via ftp to view the file structure as an alternative to the ssh command line, but again I haven't been able to find away to give my script access to the .db file via ftp.

Is there a really obvious way to do this that I'm missing?

Help appreciated.

Could you post the code you're using over SSH please?

"linux device on the network" - is this another linux box? Can it run PHP?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.