hie..
i am making a hiring website for labours.. where i want to send a text message notification to both the person being hired and the hirer when he hire a person
but i have no idea how to send sms usaing php code.. i have surfed alot of web but didnot get any clear idea..
certain questions are yet unclear to me..
like what is GSM modem?
sms gateway
service provider listing?
can any one make me understand what this whole process is in a simple language as i am quite unable to understand that particular technical language..?
thanks in advance.
waiting for ur replies

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hai friend,

In last year I was searching for SMS solution a lot and finally I got solution. Now I am using a third party ( a SMS company ) code for sending SMS from my web site. The code is easy editable. They had different tariffs. 1000 SMS, 10000 SMS , 1 lack sms .... I prefer rent a code like that. So that we can get 24X7 support also.

And GSM modem is a device that simply connect to our web server and it cost $50 I think ( I m not sure ). I am also not aware about how to connect with our web server. I got a detail description of GSM modem . If you likes to know more please find the attachment ( a pdf file ).

And one more thing I found is we need to insert SIM card into GSM modem and I am in doubt that any service provider offer FREE UNLIMITED SMS !!!

And finally I recommend third party solution because it is risk free I think ( I am not a service provider ) and finally one thing I found is we got custom from address , means it will show our domain/company name ( whatever we choose ) in clients phone instead of our number....

Sorry for the long reply and hoping that it will not make you borr...

Thanks
Rajeesh

Member Avatar for diafol

Free SMS doesn't exist. Somebody has to pay for the text. Some sites offer so-called free SMS, but they usually insist on sending an advert with your message. AFAIK, there is no way around paying for SMS.

Thanx rajesh for ur detailed reply.. it is qiut helpful for me.. hav not read the manual yet, but one thing which is not clear is that we have to pay that site for providing us with sms bundle for our site? if so then y dont we choose some local servce provider for that?

You can definitely send SMS for free, but reliability isn't a feature.

Here is a list of Email to SMS gateways.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_carriers_providing_SMS_transit

I've used it in the past, to send SMS and works most the time. You just need to construct the email address for each phone number based on their carrier, and then send an email with the txt as the body.

Thanx rajesh for ur detailed reply.. it is qiut helpful for me.. hav not read the manual yet, but one thing which is not clear is that we have to pay that site for providing us with sms bundle for our site? if so then y dont we choose some local servce provider for that?

Ya we must pay for each and every SMS. Hav a look at this

http://www.boomsms.com/bulksms-pricing.php

If our service provider's cost is less than these types then surely we can go for local service provider. But our web server must connected with GSM modem. Better to ask your hosting team.. sometimes they provide SMS gateway....

Thanks
Rajeesh

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.