I am developing a project using Visual Studio 2008 in C#, I have added the class library within the project and set up the relevant references and used the relevant using statements. It seems to be a problem with just this one folder. can anyone help?

this is the error message:

Error 28 The type or namespace name 'Domain' does not exist in the namespace 'Forestry.SchoolLibrary' (are you missing an assembly reference?) C:\Projects\SchoolofForestry\trunk\Source\School\Account\Presenter\EditAccountPresenter.cs 26 40 School

these are my using statements:

using System; using System.Collections.Generic; using System.Configuration; using System.Linq; using System.Data.Linq; using System.Text; using System.Xml; using Forestry.SchoolLibrary.Core.Domain; using Forestry.SchoolLibrary.Properties;

Have you added an assembly reference to the new class library? Check the "References" folder in Solution Explorer, and see if it's in there. If not, right-click on it, and select "Add Reference", then the "Browse" tab. It opens a Windows Explorer interface to allow you to select the new folder.

Hopefully that helps!

Chuck

Hi, the class library is SchoolLibrary within that I have a folder called core and then a folder called domain. I have already added the reference for SchoolLibrary using the "Add Reference" I am really puzzled!

Hmmm...
Is the "Forestry" portion of the declaration required? If the References folder shows the class library name as "SchoolLibrary", I *think* any time you refer to it, you'll just need to use that name.

Other than that, I'm not really sure... :<

Chuck

Yeah sorry its Forestry.SchoolLibrary.I guess all I really have to do is take the stuff out the folder and change the using statements in my project. just would have been nice to keep it tidy.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.