Hi,

I have a Edit Button(which is a Image Button) and when I click that ImageButton a new browser window should open and it should load the values previously entered by the user. The new window should contain the old values and now should be able to edit them.

For example,
If a user clicks on the Edit button whose userId= 329 it should open in a new window with the values entered by the user.

<%--<asp:ImageButton ID="ibtnEdit" runat="server" Text="Edit" ToolTip="Edit" ImageUrl="~/images/edit-icon.gif" />--%>
                                         <%--<script type="text/javascript">
                                         function EditInNewWindow()
                                         {
                                         window.open("abc.aspx?bid="+document.getElementById('<%#Eval("UserID") %>'));
                                         }

</script>--%>

Can anyone plzz help.
I may be doing a blunder.

Thanks in Advance

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Member Avatar for diafol

Ahem, this is a php forum - not asp. Did you make a mistake?

Member Avatar for rajarajan2017

I dont know whether asp tag include some of the parameters that html tag have, but I implement the same here. Give it a try.

<%--<asp:ImageButton ID="ibtnEdit" runat="server" Text="Edit" ToolTip="Edit" ImageUrl="~/images/edit-icon.gif" onClick="EditInNewWindow" />--%>

Thank You,,,

Member Avatar for rajarajan2017

Is it done the job?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.