hi everyone

i am doing this

<?php

$strXML1 = "<chart caption='COST OF TURNOVER' subCaption='' showPercentValues='1' pieSliceDepth='30' showBorder='0'>";

echo $strXML1;

?>
can anyone please tell me why echo $strXML1; does not out put anything. how can i do this.

Thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

<chart caption='COST OF TURNOVER' subCaption='' showPercentValues='1' pieSliceDepth='30' showBorder='0'> is behaving as html tags...

So it is coming in output but you wont be able to see it.It can be seen in view source.

You want to disply it as a text??
Try this:

<?php
$str = "<chart caption='COST OF TURNOVER' subCaption='' showPercentValues='1' pieSliceDepth='30' showBorder='0'>";
$strXML1 = htmlspecialchars($str, ENT_QUOTES);
echo $strXML1; 
?>

it wont display dude coz its a tag. i dont what kind of tag is that but you actually created it... try viewing the source code and youll see that your tag has been created.

it wont display dude coz its a tag. i dont what kind of tag is that but you actually created it... try viewing the source code and youll see that your tag has been created.

hi
this solved my problem. big thanks for your kind help.

Thanks again.

<chart caption='COST OF TURNOVER' subCaption='' showPercentValues='1' pieSliceDepth='30' showBorder='0'> is behaving as html tags...

So it is coming in output but you wont be able to see it.It can be seen in view source.

You want to disply it as a text??
Try this:

<?php
$str = "<chart caption='COST OF TURNOVER' subCaption='' showPercentValues='1' pieSliceDepth='30' showBorder='0'>";
$strXML1 = htmlspecialchars($str, ENT_QUOTES);
echo $strXML1; 
?>

Thanks for reply
you solved my problem.
Thanks again.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.