Hey guys,

I was working on embedding image using the object tag with quicktime. i was succesfully embed it but it seems like i cannot display the playback controls (like "play","pause","stop" etc).

Here's my code:

<object classid="clsid:02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B" codebase="http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab" width="478" height="383">
     <param name="src" value="movie.mov" />
     <param name="autoplay" value="false" />
     <param name="kioskmode" value="true" />
     <object type="video/quicktime" data="movie.mov" width="478" height="383" class="mov">
      <param name="autoplay" value="false" />
          <p style="text-align:center">You need to install quicktime player to view this movie.</p>
     </object>
    </object>

I read that i should be using "controller" param, but that doesn't work either, the video was just paused and user have to double click the vid to play it. Any clue why? and how can i display it? been playing it for days already. i might doing something wrong :?:

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

If the height settings (there are two of them) are too small, the control box can't be seen.

If the autoplay settings (there are two of them) are "false", the video doesn't start when it loads.

i just enlarge the size. it doesn't hide the controls XD any recommended set-up for it?

I tested your code with my .mov file. After fixing both heights, all browsers on my Windows system [Chrome, Firefox, IE8, Safari(pc), Opera] displayed the video with the control bar.

BTW: none of this has anything to do with javascript, so I'm fairly sure that you will get more help in another forum.

i fixed it! fyi for those who will encounter this.

<param name="scale" value="tofit" />

i need to scale the video to fit so that the control will not accidentally hide. :) thanks for hint fxm.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.