Hello everybody,

Im writing an application that takes various different classes.

background:
i basically have a bootstrap type of file that requires all the needed classes.
inside each individual class file at the bottom, i have instantiated the class.

later on in other theme files i want to use some methods of the classes
i get an error as so: Notice:

Undefined variable: message in ...

this should not be happening since i have already instantiated the classes in files before the current one.

----------------

Im using php v. 5.2 on my server.

im basically included from the root index file, my bootstrap. and below that, my themes folder.

in my themes/default/account/login i cannot use classes 1-3 that have been included and instantiated previously which is absurd as i do not know why i dont have access to them.

File Structure:

• /theme/
  • /default/
  • /account/
  • /login/
  • index.php

index.php

/library/

• class1.php

• class2.php

• class3.php

index.php
bootstrap.php

any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

If somebody could please try to help me out with this i would be really grateful.

Ok i did some reading on php.net

so this is what i came up with.
it comes down to the variable scope.

if i include "file.php" which inside file.php i define a variable: $test = "it works";

and then if in the file that has the include in it i want to echo out the var "$test"

it will say "it workes"

HOWEVER!

if i implement the same thing but i have a function that inside i call an include, the included file has the scope of inside the function.

so if i were to try and echo out a variable that was declared inside the function

it would not work.

Yeah i solved my problem. i have a router that is pulling in files. so i just declared all my classes as global in the router function.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.