hello friends i m new in dis community n in asp.nt field
i want 2 9 wat is POST BACK URL in link button property

Lusiphur commented: Full Words > SMS Speak +0

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I believe if you want to post data of web form to the specified web page then you can use PostBackUrl property of link button.

Generally when we want to pass data, we pass it in Querystring (Key/value) pair and on next page, we retrieve it using Request.QueryString("") property.

But with the help of PostBackUrl property we don't need to pass data in querystring. Instead we can access those data on specified page with the help of PreviousPage property of asp.net.

TextBox t1 = (TextBox)PreviousPage.FindControl("textbox id of previous page");
Reponse.Write(t1.Text);

you can also refer to this link :
http://programming.top54u.com/post/ASP-Net-LinkButton-PostBackUrl-Property.aspx

hello friends i m new in dis community n in asp.nt field
i want 2 9 wat is POST BACK URL in link button property

PostBackUrl property of link button is use for specify the targeted web page url.the targeted web page will be a page where you want to post your form data like textbox,listbox etc.

PostBackUrl property of linkbutton contains the address of webpage where we are going to post our form controls data.
i.e:-

linkbutton1.PostBackUrl="~/form1.aspx/";

Here in above statement we will reach at form1.aspx along data of form controls at the time of click on linkbutton1.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.