Hi there,

Im working on this page - http://www.rjt-online.com/photos_titletest.php

When you click the Filter By buttons it alters the content of the iframe below it. This works fine in ALL browsers.

However, when you click the browser "back" button it should return to the previous clicked Filter By button (and therefore the previous clicked iframe content). This works fine in every browser except Safari. In Safari it just returns to the previous full page (for instance, if I was viewing google before I went to my page and clicked the iframe buttons, it returns to google rather than the previous iframes).

Any ideas why this would be?

Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

This works fine in every browser except Safari.

Safari(pc)? Safari(mac)? Both?

The behaviour I see in Safari(pc) is not quite what you describe.
The page opens on "all".
Click successively on "other", "promo", "live", "latest"
Then repeatedly click on the 'back' button.
The frames rewind in reverse order - except for the last.
At the point where "all" is expected to reappear, the main page reloads. Of course the [visual] result is the same, but it takes a lot longer.

The behaviour I see in Safari(pc) is not quite what you describe.
The page opens on "all".
Click successively on "other", "promo", "live", "latest"
Then repeatedly click on the 'back' button.
The frames rewind in reverse order - except for the last.

At the point where "all" is expected to reappear, the main page reloads. Of course the [visual] result is the same, but it takes a lot longer.

I'm running Safari PC but it's doing as I said in the original post.

I'm running Safari PC

Version?

Safari(pc) 5.0(7533.16) running on XP navigates iframes as the other browsers do - with the one exception I previously mentioned - and I can't think offhand of a privacy or security setting that would block the iframe navigation entries from being recorded in the browser's navigation history.

Ah, my version is actually 4.0.4

Will try downloading the newest update, but any idea why it wouldn't work in 4.0.4?

Works with the latest update of Safari, but any ideas why not with older?

Works with the latest update of Safari, but any ideas why not with older?

Don't know, don't care.

Solved :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.