Member Avatar for andyjko

As part of my research at the University of Washington, I've been working on a new web-based JavaScript/HTML/CSS editor that helps you find bugs as you type:

http://faculty.washington.edu/ajko/projects/cleanroom/

If you try it, and succeed at finishing the task described on the page above, I'll send you a $10 Amazon gift certificate. Because I'm doing this to evaluate the editor, you'll be randomly assigned one of two different versions of the tool.

Because it's a research prototype, it's still a bit clunky and slow, but I think you'll find it interesting to see how future code editors might work.

(The editor is based on several open source technologies, including Bespin, JSLint, and ANTLR, along with my own technology.)

Thanks!

Andy Ko
Assistant Professor
The Information School
University of Washington

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Cool editor, Andy. I like the idea of integrating those validation/code quality tools right into the editor. I think the highlight was when it told me 'eval is evil'. Thanks for posting this.

Member Avatar for andyjko

Great, I'm glad you enjoyed it! I'd be really grateful if you forward it to friends or colleagues you think might also enjoy it. The more feedback the better.

For a prototype, I think it's a nice piece of code. Hopefully you can get this project going, so it can evolve to a much mature version. Good luck.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.