Hi i am developing a custom form in asp.net. I developed in my laptop which has the latest IE 8 and Firefox version. 3.6.x ; however I run this on the customer browser and I got horible displaying on the design of the page, I am guessing that IE 8 corrects my errors and show it nice but theirs dont. how can I correct this errors so It display fine??

<%@ Master Language="C#" CodeFile="MasterPage.master.cs" Inherits="MasterPage" EnableViewState="false" %>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<script type="text/javascript">
      function OnClick1() {
          if (divCalendar.style.display == "none")
              divCalendar.style.display = "";
          else
              divCalendar.style.display = "none";
      }
        </script> 

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" >
<head id="Head1" runat="server">
 <title>Procedure Tracer</title>

<link rel="stylesheet" href="style.css" />
</head>
<body>
<form id="form1" runat="server">
    <div class="BackgroundGradient"> </div>
    <div class="BodyContent">

<div class="BorderBorder"><div class="BorderBL"><div></div></div><div class="BorderBR"><div></div></div><div class="BorderTL"></div><div class="BorderTR"><div></div></div><div class="BorderT"></div><div class="BorderR"><div></div></div><div class="BorderB"><div></div></div><div class="BorderL"></div><div class="BorderC"></div><div class="Border">

<div class="Header">
          <div class="HeaderTitle">
            <h1>Procedure Tracer</h1>
            <h2></h2>
          </div>
        </div><div class="Columns"><div class="MainColumn">
        <div class="ArticleBorder"></div>
            <asp:ContentPlaceHolder id="Content" runat="server" >

<div>
                </div>
            </asp:ContentPlaceHolder>

</div></div></div></div> </div>

</form>
</body>
</html>

I can't find an example to show with a history/listing of what versions of ASP.Net are supported by which versions of Internet Explorer but...

I would think that the issue you are having is that IE5/6 are both heavily outdated versions of IE and likely are not capable of handling the newer version of ASP.Net that you are utilizing in your form.

Why anybody would still be using IE5/6 is beyond me as it's a free upgrade to get newer versions and Firefox is better/more stable anyway :twisted:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.