Hello,

Can anyone please help me straighten out this error? I've tried a few things, but cannot seem to solve it.

I am getting a 500 Internal Server error on a Wordpress 2.8 blog. I cannot get any pages to show up, nor log in to the admin area.

The blog is here: http://www.digitalscrapbookingdownloads.com/blog if you want to take a look at the error message in the browser.

Here is the error messages in my log:

PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by ... functions.php:16 in ... wp-includes/class-IXR.php on line 311

PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by ... functions.php:16 in ... xmlrpc.php on line 33

And the 300 error log messages from my hosting account:

/home/.../public_html/.../blog/.htaccess: RewriteRule: bad flag delimiters

File does not exist: /home/.../public_html/.../500.shtml

I'm getting a bit frustrated! I would really appreciate any help I can get.

Thankyou in advance,

Lisa

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

At the top of your header file/page put ob_start(); and at the bottom put ob_end
_flush();

Thankyou so much for replying!

I did as you suggested and it is still doing the same thing.. Any other ideas?

Hello,

Can anyone please help me straighten out this error? I've tried a few things, but cannot seem to solve it.

I am getting a 500 Internal Server error on a Wordpress 2.8 blog. I cannot get any pages to show up, nor log in to the admin area.

The blog is here: http://www.digitalscrapbookingdownloads.com/blog if you want to take a look at the error message in the browser.

Here is the error messages in my log:

PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by ... functions.php:16 in ... wp-includes/class-IXR.php on line 311

PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by ... functions.php:16 in ... xmlrpc.php on line 33

And the 300 error log messages from my hosting account:

/home/.../public_html/.../blog/.htaccess: RewriteRule: bad flag delimiters

File does not exist: /home/.../public_html/.../500.shtml

I'm getting a bit frustrated! I would really appreciate any help I can get.

Thankyou in advance,

Lisa

it seems that there is an error in the .htaccess file, can you pm me your .htaccess file so that i might have a look on it

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.