Hi, I would like to learn java-scripting. I have a Mac, version 10.6.4 and I know that I can use the built in "AppleScript Editor" application for it. But I can't get the option to change the language to "Javascript" even after moving the "JavaScript.component" to the "Components" folder in the Mac "Library" and restarting the mac. This was suppose to allow me to use the editor for javascripting.

Does anyone know why it didn't work or if there is any alternative already available on my Mac? Im trying to avoid installing another application for the language but if I have to I will.

Cheers

I managed to get JavaScripting without using the AppleScript Editor - even though following the websites instructions still didn't allow javascript to be a useable language.
Therefore i have resorted to using the "TextEditor" application preinstalled on the Mac.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.