How do i perform search from php within the search result that was just returned? In oder to perform a search on the result set again i need to have the result set stored some where. either in session/cookie or temporary table in the mysql server. i tried the mysql temp tables using php. but in vain. i guess temp tables are not the answer. should i use sessions or cookies with client side scripting? I'm wondering if there is any other way to do it.

If my question is still not clear, i'm trying to mimic google's search within result or orkut style filter searching. Thanks for your time.

serializing the $resultset to a file perhaps? the file name being the session id or username. but how do i delete this file after the user closes the browser?

<?php
      session_start();
      $result=mysql_query($query, $conn);
      $_SESSION["resultset"]=serialize($result);//serializing the result set to a session variable
      $dresult=unserialize($_SESSION["resultset"]);//unmarshalling the resultset from the session variable
?>

Will this work the way it should?

its not working :(

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.