Hey guys this is kind of a JavaScript question but the script works elsewhere so I have a feeling it's got something to do with the fact it's being echoed by php. Can anyone tell me why this isn't working:

if (($_SESSION['count'] % 5 == 0) && ($_SESSION['countView'])) { 
          echo 
'<a href="index.php?act=generate_quotes&amp;beginCount&amp;cb=%3C?php%20echo%20time();?%3E" id="logo"  onClick="myinfo"(); return false"></a>';

And the function:

<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
function myinfo() {
window.open( "http://www.google.com/" )
}
//-->
</script>

The href link works fine. But I'm trying to get it to open a info window at the same time. Any reason this isn't working?

Thanks for any help.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Fixed

echo '<a href="index.php?act=generate_quotes&amp;beginCount&amp;cb='.time().'" id="xavisys-logo" onClick="myinfo(); return false;"></a>';

Fixed

echo '<a href="index.php?act=generate_quotes&amp;beginCount&amp;cb='.time().'" id="xavisys-logo" onClick="myinfo(); return false;"></a>';

And interaction between server side language like PHP and client side language like JS is best done via AJAX

Member Avatar for diafol

Urgh - spawning a javascript open window - popup blockers can preventing this. I really would suggest that you avoid this method.

Urgh - spawning a javascript open window - popup blockers can preventing this. I really would suggest that you avoid this method.

And best way is to learn AJAX

Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to use this for advertising. It just seemed the best method I could find for what I wanted to achieve. Would you mind suggesting a more appropriate method?

Member Avatar for diafol

What is it exactly are you trying to achieve?

I would suggest a lightbox - there are literally hundreds out there. jQuery has a few nice ones.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.