Contributors
Replies
Views
6 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by sleign

Hi,

Thanks for your response, I have already looked at that version, is there anyway to do it without XML ?

Thanks

Xml that they have used is nothing more than collection of data & they giving matching records as a result.
If you want to use data from the tables just fetch your data by query & apply logic as per your need...

Hi,

Okay thanks for your help, I'll shall give it a go and let you know how it goes...

Thanks

you don't necessarily have to use XML when pulling information from a database, but it helps to format it. You can use AJAX to get live results as you are typing, which does involve xml, but again, you don't necessarily have to use it.

I have written a few searches very close to what you want (except I don't display everything when you first land on the page) and never touched xml. You also can use pure javascript if you don't know jquery, but jquery is cross browser compatible, and not everyone has javascript enabled, either - so keep that in mind.

Javascript/jQuery just puts the retrieved information on the page, php makes the queries against your database, and ajax is the middleman to communicate between php/mysql and javascript/jQuery

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.