For a website about tours I made a form to request for a quotation.
There's quite a lot of input fields, some of them with dropdown menu's where the user can choose for example one of the tour destinations.

I would like to know if I can pass variables from another page via a simple text link to that form to automatically select the right options (for example one of the tour destinations) in some of the dropdown menus.

Thanks in advance for your help

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Member Avatar for P0lT10n

When you write <form> tags, you must write action in the first tag, there you can write action='POST' or action='GET'

Member Avatar for diafol

I think you mean method="POST" or method = "GET". action points to the url.

Member Avatar for P0lT10n

I think you mean method="POST" or method = "GET". action points to the url.

OOOhh YES !!! I CONFUSED !!!

Well, I did not solve the problem, but I found a way around it.
I found some posts on the internet how to do it, but it got too complicated with my_sql queries and php dynamically creating the drop down menu's with a choosen option selected. I made an additional page with a slightly different form with simple text input fields instead of the dropdown menu's.

Because the simple work like sending some variables via a link is not a problem. But a simple way to make it possible to use a received variable to select an option in a menu doesn't seem to exist.

Thanks anyway. For those who understand my chaotic writings and who know a simple way without my_sql, are welcome to post, haha.

Member Avatar for diafol

ok mark it solved then

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.