Hi I have a session variable I wish to display in the title of a web page. This works well with IE. However, when I switch to Firefox it only works when viewed from my personal server. And not when I view my page when I go online using Firefox.

Can anyone tell me why?

HTML and CSS Syntax (Toggle Plain Text)

<?php echo(ucwords($_SESSION[fullname])); ?>

Thank's
Paul

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Member Avatar for diafol

Odd. php spits out text, so in this case, there shouldn't be browser incompatibilities.
I would use quotes about the key though:

$_SESSION['fullname']

Is it due to CSS? Perhaps CSS display incompatibilties may be obscuring the text? Have a look at the underlying html: View Source in the browser.

Odd. php spits out text, so in this case, there shouldn't be browser incompatibilities.
I would use quotes about the key though:

$_SESSION['fullname']

Is it due to CSS? Perhaps CSS display incompatibilties may be obscuring the text? Have a look at the underlying html: View Source in the browser.

It is displaid in firefox when viewed on my localhost server. and NOT when it is viewed online using firefox?

Have tried using other somputers to view on line. (only displays in IE) It's got me!

Thanks anyway!

Compare the source code on your localhost server and when accessing the page online to see if it's rendering it differently for some reason. You can narrow down where the error is then.

Is your localhost server a different machine than the one hosting your online site? If so, it's possible that the settings for the server are different and thus, render the PHP differently.

Compare the source code on your localhost server and when accessing the page online to see if it's rendering it differently for some reason. You can narrow down where the error is then.

Is your localhost server a different machine than the one hosting your online site? If so, it's possible that the settings for the server are different and thus, render the PHP differently.

Thanks for your suggestions, However the problem was not found. I also installed the Chrome browser. It to will not show the session vairable. IE works fine. I feel it must be a sintex problem setting the Session variable.

It's just another day!
Thanks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.