I need to create a form that has four fields in it. I need "Name", "E-Mail", "Comments", and "Picture". i have created three of the four fields, and need help with the fourth. How do I make it so that the guest can upload a picture. I need the form to e-mail itslef to me when it is done (or be put in my cgi bin". I only know how to make the form e-mail itslef to be via a process.php file

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I need to create a form that has four fields in it. I need "Name", "E-Mail", "Comments", and "Picture". i have created three of the four fields, and need help with the fourth. How do I make it so that the guest can upload a picture. I need the form to e-mail itslef to me when it is done (or be put in my cgi bin". I only know how to make the form e-mail itslef to be via a process.php file

You probably dont want to email the picture to you as this would mean creating an attachment in your email.

The best option is to just include a link to the picture in the email sent to you.

To send an email to you use the mail() function. You can also use SMTP or sendmail but for a simple task as this you can use mail().

see http://us3.php.net/manual/en/function.mail.php for the mail() function.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.