I'm a newbie to SOAP, and have been searching for an answer with no luck. Hopefully someone can help me out here.

I have a VB script which successfully retrieves a SOAP response (xmlhttp.responseText). I can see the response with WScript.Echo, save it in a variable or can save it as a file. However I can't seem to figure out how to parse out the response without treating it like one string and using string manipulation. If I save it as a file I can reload it and work with it just fine, using stnadrad xml parsing code. But what I would like to do is capture the response when it comes back and deal with it in memory without saving it the server first and without treating it as a simple string. Does anyone know how to do this?

The only way I have been able to do this is by saving the file and then reloading it. Still looking for a better solution ... but I'll mark it closed for now.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.