jonow 0 Junior Poster

I have written the title as “Script to Group Values” for lack of a better title.

I want to have a MySQL database that receives value from a form on a webpage. For example, I have people signing up for an event. I want to create something (probably in PHP but I have no idea if it can do it) that can take each of the people who are applying for the event and place them in a room. Each person will have certain requirements or variables that must be met such as who they request to room with, male or female, and probably 2 or 3 other restrictions I can define later. This will also need to include number of people per room and it may not be static room to room (like one room may have 3 people an another may have 6)

So, in simple terms I want it to group certain people in a certain way depending on requirements.

Is this possible with PHP? If not what could it be done in?
I am not very good at PHP and other languages could someone help or direct me to some script or tutorial to help?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.