Ok I am completely brain dead on this...and the sad thing is I've done this before!

I have built a custom page builder in CF. I want to create a shortcut to the page builder home page, which is a .cfm file, on my desktop so that someone can open it in a browser and use it as a page builder application.

I have a password manager I wrote in CF a year ago, and created a similar shortcut then. I can click on the password manager shortcut and it opens in Internet Explorer just fine.

When I try to create a shortcut for the page builder however, it keeps adding .htm file extension after the .cfm file extension.

What am I missing?..lol Again, I've dont this very thing before.....I must be losing it!

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

A windows shortcut? Just go to Desktop > right click > New > Shortcut and enter the url.

yes I have tried that...lol but it keeps adding the .htm extension to it.

ok I got it!...sheesh....I was clicking new shortcut, then browsing to the file and adding the shortcut that way. This time I typed in the full localhost file path.

Thanks arrgh!

Don't you hate it when programs try to be "helpful" ;-)

lol yeah...make it idiot proof and some idiot like me cant figure it out..haha

lol. That's one of my favorite expressions: "Make it idiot proof and they'll make a better idiot." ;-)

lol. That's one of my favorite expressions: "Make it idiot proof and they'll make a better idiot." ;-)

I hope that didn't come across the wrong way. I like that it applies to programmers in 2 ways:

programmer/idiot proofing <==> programmer/as the "idiot" user

:)

lol no. I felt like an idiot for not being able to figure out something so easy.

I had done the same thing with my password manager program months ago, and for the life of me, I just couldn't get this one to save a shortcut to my desktop using the new shortcut menu. All good now!

Thanks.

I wish this CF forum was more lively. I use adobes forums alot for CF. Havent found another forum for cf that I like yet.

I wish this CF forum was more lively. I use adobes forums alot for CF. Havent found another forum for cf that I like yet.

Me too. But makes sense. Where's the 1st place most people are going to look? On the site of the people making the product ;-)

Cheers

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.