ADODB.Field error '80020009' 

Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted. 
Requested operation requires a current record. 

/test.asp, line 0

what does the error actually means when it refers me to line 0?
whereby i cant figure out where the main problem lies..

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

screenshot?

paste the code. but to my knowledge its imposible unless its a runtime error

I have the exact same problem. I have checked if EOF or BOF is true on every stored procedure I run on the page but I still gets this annoying error message. And its located on line "0". When I Googled after the error message and added the line +"lin 0" I discovered several pages with the same problem. Can anybody help?

ASP is Evil! :evil:

// redRemedy

aaargh. How can we help you guys if you don't answer our questions? Let us see some code, or a screen shot of the error or, preferably, both.

The line 0 error appears when the database didn't return anything... it doesn't return an empty record, it return nothing. You should check your query, try to execute from query analyzer or whatever db you'r using.

Never mind, I just realized what the problem was - argh!

The blankety-blankety page could never have worked properly. When the requested pdf to be emailed was an archived rather than active, its path was in a different SQL table, therefore, not found. I guess nobody has requested an archived manual in the past couple of years ;)

it may return as a ZOMBIE - to bite you :-)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.