hello...

i am not getting image url in I.E when ever drag the image into textbox. it is working fine in all browsers. but not in I.E. drag the image into textbox. url not getting in textbox. how to get this url when drag the image

thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

This there a specific reason why you want it in the textbox?

If it is to simply find the link to the image, you can right click on it and select "Properties" then simply copy the URL in the Address field.

Hope this helps,
Waffles

Member Avatar for diafol

Is this php or JS?

thanks for your replys.

actually my requirement is display google images in my website. then i would like to add some images into my favorates. i tried a lot but i didn't found a correct solution. then i was tried like this. when ever i am draging the image into textbox i am getting image source. i am saving this url in to my database. i am displaying this images from original source. but this drag functonality is not working in IE. is there any chance to pick the googe image url in IE.

thanks.

Member Avatar for diafol

Why is this a php question?

sorry...i am asking here for, is there anyway to save google image urls whenever drag the image using php or javascript?

Member Avatar for diafol

Is this a browser function or your own?

Member Avatar for diafol

I reckon this would be an ajax solution. JS to handle the drag'n'drop, php to handle the save.

ok i think i understand what your asking for. But a little bit more information on the goal your trying to accomplish would of been nice. But ill take a guess on what your trying to accomplish. Ok I'm guessing your using an iframe for google Images or your using google search frameworks for embedding on you host ok now that part done now your trying to drag the image from the iframe to a text box or textarea to capture the url of the Image right? Will IE dose not support this functionality besides dropping the url/image on the address bar or on the desktop you probably would have to write some javascript work around for this problem and you'll have to do some research in to this hope this answers your qustion. also this question is not posted under the right forum area. This should have been posted in javascript because php is a server-side scripting language it dose not control the user interface to get the best help for future question on the UI or in other words client-side post them in Web Development -> Javascript/DHTML/AJAX.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.