I am retired person who volunteers for several youth organizations. I have no IT training. In my capacity as a volunteer I manage a couple of websites using Front Page.
Because of some issues with ASP, I am attempting to migrate some work I completed in Front Page to a .net environment.
Question. I am attempting to forward a parameter from a dropdown box to a another page using a hyperlink. Tthen update a table in an access data base with the information but can't seem to figure it out
Here's the code for the Dropdown Box - Page 1

<asp:DropDownList id="DropDownListcofc" runat="server" DataSourceID="AccessDataSource1" DataTextField="Certify" DataValueField="Certify" Height="16px">
				</asp:DropDownList>
Here's the code the hyperlink 
<a href='http://www.gejfa.net/billie/test1.aspx?ID=<%= Request.QueryString("ID") %>&amp;CofC=<%= Request.Form("Certify") %>'><span class="style11"> </span>
			<span class="style10"><span class="style9">
The ID variable is the MaxID from the table I am attempting to update. The ID value forwards but the value for the dropdownbox doesn't. Here's is the result [url]http://www.gejfa.net/billie/test1.aspx?ID=20&CofC=[/url]

Also is this the right syntax to update the database with this information.
<asp:AccessDataSource runat="server" ID="AccessDataSource1" DataFile="Billie.mdb"
UpdateCommand="UPDATE CheckTable SET CofC = @CofC_Value WHERE Id = Id ">
<UpdateParameters>
                    <asp:FormParameter FormField="DropDownListCofC" Name="Type_Value"  Type="String"/>     
                      </UpdateParameters>          
</asp:AccessDataSource>

Sorry for my ignorance and thanks for your help.
Billie

Welcome to the Daniweb.

Please use BB code tags while posting source program.

[code]

.... [/code]

Take a look at forum rules.

Update statement need two parameters. Post complete table structure and markup here.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.