tpickett 0 Newbie Poster

Hello I am updating a site for a client of mine. He is using JSP and Spring Framework. What I am trying to do is update a form on the website(editlocation.jsp).

I understand that I need to modify the editlocation.class file, but I do not understand how the webapp builds the .class files. I know the .class files are compiled from the .java files but cant find either of those .

It is my understanding that when the admin.war file is creating the webapp (admin) that is dynamically creates these .java files and .class files.

In front of the webapps directory all the .class and .java files are created in a "work" folder. I want to edit the editlocation.java file and compile it to create the editlocation.class. But I think that when I restart the app that it will rewrite the .class and .java files to their original specs.(what was in the .war file)

Where can I set the directives of how Tomcat creates these .class and .java files?

Tomcat is set up a little funny for this project as directory structure isn't quite normal.

when the admin.war file is reloaded, It creates a directory structure like this:

>META-INF
>res
-css
-jscript
-webimg
>test
>WEB-INF
-classes
-context
-lib
-taglibs
-tilesdefinition