Hey everyone!

After some research I have found that I need some javescript help to process a users click from a html drop down select list..

I am trying to create an admin area for a website in php and using mysql database.

In my admin home page, I have an option to choose a title on a page, from a dropdown select list. Which when clicked/chosen, should redirect to the edit_page.php..

My question is: When the admin have clicked a value from the select box, how do I redirect to the edit_page.php, where there is a form with the following fields, which gets prepopulated, (Hopefully, eventually..):

- Page full title: Form here
- Linklabel: Form here
- Heading: Form here
- Body text: Form here

And I want to prepopulate the form fields so its easy to seee what to edit.

But I basically dont have any idea on how to get the data put into the form fields in edit_page.php.. I am new to PHP :-)

My code for the select dropdown is:

$query="SELECT id, linklabel FROM pages ORDER BY id ASC";       

/* You can add order by clause to the sql statement if the names are to be displayed in alphabetical order */

'<form action=edit_page.php method=post>';

$result = mysqli_query ($myConnection, $query);

echo "<select class=\"boxstyles\" name='linklabel'>Choose a page to        edit</option>";

// printing the list box select command     
      while($nt=mysqli_fetch_array($result)){//Array or records stored in $nt

echo "<option value=$nt[id]>$nt[linklabel]</option>";

/* Option values are added by looping through the array */

}  
      echo "</select>";// Closing of list box  
      '</form>';
        mysqli_free_result($result); 
      ?>

In the database there is more than these two fields: ID, LINKLABEL - There is also: PAGETITLE, HEADING and BODYTEXT.

To prepopulate the edit_page.php form fields, do i need to include more than the: ID and LINKLABEL in the select box.

I hope this makes sence, and cleares my problem..

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Look at the answer to your first post of this item.

Member Avatar for P0lT10n

you can do that redirecting the admin to the edit_page.php with GET you recibe that...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.