Im getting this error:-

The type 'System.Web.UI.ExtenderControl' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'.C:\Users\User\Documents\Visual Studio 2005\deepali\mywork\Animation_Control.aspx

can anyone please help me solve it?

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Have you installed Ajax Control Toolkit in your MS Visual Studio? I think you will need it. If you already have it, drag and drop the ToolKitScriptManager into your website. This will automatically create a folder named Bin in your solution explorer. My suggestions are based on what you posted. Maybe you could tell us what you have done, not just post the error.

I've done that. I downloaded Ajax Control Toolkit and added in ms visual studio. I also drag droppped ToolKitScriptManager. All my codes are correct. Except for that error. I think there is something wrong in my web.config

Is this how it's suppossed to be?

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!-- 
    Note: As an alternative to hand editing this file you can use the 
    web admin tool to configure settings for your application. Use
    the Website->Asp.Net Configuration option in Visual Studio.
    A full list of settings and comments can be found in 
    machine.config.comments usually located in 
    \Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v2.x\Config 
-->
<configuration>
	<appSettings/>
	<connectionStrings>
		<add name="womenworldConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=DEEPZ;Initial Catalog=womenworld;User ID=sa"
		 providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />	
	</connectionStrings>
	<system.web>
		<!-- 
            Set compilation debug="true" to insert debugging 
            symbols into the compiled page. Because this 
            affects performance, set this value to true only 
            during development.
        -->
		<compilation debug="false">
			<assemblies>
				<add assembly="System.Design, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
				<add assembly="System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/></assemblies></compilation>
		<!--
            The <authentication> section enables configuration 
            of the security authentication mode used by 
            ASP.NET to identify an incoming user. 
        -->
		<authentication mode="Windows"/>
		<!--
            The <customErrors> section enables configuration 
            of what to do if/when an unhandled error occurs 
            during the execution of a request. Specifically, 
            it enables developers to configure html error pages 
            to be displayed in place of a error stack trace.

<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="GenericErrorPage.htm">
            <error statusCode="403" redirect="NoAccess.htm" />
            <error statusCode="404" redirect="FileNotFound.htm" />
        </customErrors>
        -->
	</system.web>
</configuration>

In your web.config under <assemblies> add this line of code

<add assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>

Im using ms visual studio 2005 so that code won't work. How do I solve my error?

Did you mind in checking this line in the source of your webpage that links to the ajax assemblies

<add tagPrefix="act" namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" assembly="AjaxControlToolkit"/>

Here the value shown in tagPrefix="---",the dashes can be any value.

I really don't know how to use ajax. I saw some codes from the internet so I thought of trying it in a trial and error way. My sir told me to use ajax toolkit 2.0 for ms visual studio 2005, not latest versions. Let me get 2.0 then I'll try fixing the error

Yes, your sir were right,you simply can not use ajax control tools 3.5 in your visual studion 2.0

And in your case ,the error comes probably because of the versioning problem that using 3.5 in 2.0.

@pinky u might not installed the ajax control toolkit or the ajax enviroment creating some problem.Find it first.

Yes, I am looking for 2.0 If you happen to have it then could you send me

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.