what i wish to do is for a visitor to my web site to be able to upload either picture of no more than 4mg and a word or pdf file of 1mg

have been able to do this in part, but i cannot get the image to show on a particular page e.g. picture_page.php.

I also wish to password the page so just anyone cannot upload anything.

i can only get text to show saying that the upload file was successful and the size of the file.

i have been thinking of sending the images to an include file and then including this file to make them show, but this seems a ball ache

would i have to create a variable for say 30 images per page and then put either a image place holder or a dynamic table or html table?

elp pls would be very grateful as i am brand new to php, and i have got to understand exactly what you can and cannot do

Member Avatar for diafol

You can create a profile page for an user, accessed via a session variable (if logged in). Only the user himself can upload a photo for his own profile (again determined by session variable). You store the filepath to the image in a DB for that user.

Walk before you can run. Before you're tempted to say, 'Can somebody help me with this', read the forum guidelines, which state that you MUST show some effort / prelim work yourself. Come back with some code.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.