Hi,

I want to buy a Codeigniter book to learn its framework and develop PHP applications with it. I've been using PHP about 4 years but never used any kind of framework before.

Which one of these books would be good for me to get staring:
CodeIgniter 1.7 Professional Development
CodeIgniter 1.7

If not, please suggest me one. I rely on your experiences.

Thanks in advance

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I have read both the books you mention, while they are okay I feel the best way to learn the framework is via the many video and web tutorials. There are a list of these on the Ci wiki http://codeigniter.com/wiki/Category:Help::Tutorials.
If you haven't used an MVC framework before your in for a treat.

Nice. I think I don't need book because I've downloaded the user guide which has nearly everything I needed. Thank you

Nice. I think I don't need book because I've downloaded the user guide which has nearly everything I needed. Thank you

Just to help you along have a look at this http://taggedzi.com/articles/display/crud-for-codeigniter it's a standard Crud Model, you may not understand it now but believe me it's worth it weight in gold.
Good luck

Thanks I'll do that

i have used codeigniter every day for over a year now. id suggest just looking at a few videos tutorials to get the basic idea. then just code with it, thats the best way to learn

its a great framework, however sometimes while using it, you feel like some things are unnecessary...but when you come back to edit code later on you fully appreciate how it works, the file system is great and everything is kept clean and tidy!

....however sometimes while using it, you feel like some things are unnecessary...but when you come back to edit code later.....

It has been 2 weeks for me to develop things and what you say is happening now but I'm loving it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.