I really don't know if you will be interested on my suggestion, 'coz this may seem like, I want you to help me, but i guess this is pretty interesting... I don't have an idea if you do javascripts, but i guess, you have a good idea on editing them...

well, i will now introduce this to you,
it is called "WoWhead" tool tip,
here is the link to the feature
http://www.wowhead.com/tooltips

how does it work?
like a usual tool tip, the difference is that,
it seems like it search for the item id, and show the corresponding tip on the link..

now, i want to have a custom tooltip with my own data appearing on the tool tip,..

here is the code, but it's quite messy, i guess, for copyright purposes..what do you think?

if(typeof $WH=="undefined"){$WH={wowheadRemote:true}}if(typeof $WowheadPower=="undefined"){var $WowheadPower=new function(){var W=$WH.wowheadRemote;var z={applyto:3},t=document.getElementsByTagName("head")[0],H=true,i,P,T,K,v,aa,N,L,k=0,ae=false,O={},j={},A={},I={},U={},ah={},g={},f={},Z=1,C=1,S=0,Q=1,l=2,w=3,R=4,V=5,x=1,n=2,E=3,J=5,y=6,q=10,m=100,s=15,G=15,D={loading:"Loading...",noresponse:"No response from server :(",achievementcomplete:"Achievement earned by $1 on $2/$3/$4"},u={1:[O,"npc","NPC"],2:[j,"object","Object"],3:[A,"item","Item"],5:[I,"quest","Quest"],6:[U,"spell","Spell"],10:[ah,"achievement","Achievement"],100:[f,"profile","Profile"]},ag={3:{url:"/data=item-scaling"},6:{url:"/data=spell-scaling"}},e={0:"enus",2:"frfr",3:"dede",6:"eses",7:"ruru",ptr:"ptr",beta:"beta"},c={wotlk:"www"};if(W){var b={getId:function(){return 0},getName:function(){return"enus"}}}if(H){}else{c.ptr="www"}function ab(){if(W){var aj=document.createElement("script");aj.src=document.location.protocol+"//static.wowhead.com/js/basic.js?5";t.appendChild(aj)}else{X()}}function X(){if(ae){return}ae=true;$WH.aE(document,"mouseover",B)}this.init=function(){if(W){$WH.ae(t,$WH.ce("link",{type:"text/css",href:document.location.protocol+"//static.wowhead.com/css/basic.css?5",rel:"stylesheet"}))}X()};function r(aj){var ak=$WH.g_getCursorPos(aj);N=ak.x;L=ak.y}function ad(ax,at){if(ax.nodeName!="A"&&ax.nodeName!="AREA"){return -2323}if(!ax.href.length&&!ax.rel){return}if(ax.rel&&ax.rel.indexOf("np")!=-1){return}var ao,an,al,ak,ap={};v=ap;var aj=function(ay,aA,az){if(aA=="buff"||aA=="sock"||aA=="map"){ap[aA]=true}else{if(aA=="rand"||aA=="ench"||aA=="lvl"||aA=="c"||aA=="diff"){ap[aA]=parseInt(az)}else{if(aA=="gems"||aA=="pcs"||aA=="forg"||aA=="know"){ap[aA]=az.split(":")}else{if(aA=="who"||aA=="domain"){ap[aA]=az}else{if(aA=="when"){ap[aA]=new Date(parseInt(az))}}}}}};var ar=false;if(z.applyto&1){an=2;al=3;if(ax.href.indexOf("http://")==0||ax.href.indexOf("https://")==0){ao=1;ak=ax.href.match(/^https?:\/\/(.+?)?\.?(?:wowhead|thottbot)\.com\/\??(item|quest|spell|achievement|statistic|npc|object)=([0-9]+)/);if(ak==null){ak=ax.href.match(/^https?:\/\/(.+?)?\.?(?:wowhead|thottbot)\.com\/\??(profile)=([^&#]+)/)}C=0}else{ar=true;ak=ax.href.match(/()\/\??(item|quest|spell|achievement|statistic|npc|object)=([0-9]+)/);if(ak==null){ak=ax.href.match(/()\/\??(profile)=([^&#]+)/)}C=1}}if(ak==null&&ax.rel&&(z.applyto&2)){ao=0;an=1;al=2;ak=ax.rel.match(/(item|quest|spell|achievement|statistic|npc|object).?([0-9]+)/);if(ak==null){ak=ax.rel.match(/(profile).?([^&#]+)/)}C=1}ax.href.replace(/([a-zA-Z]+)=?([a-zA-Z0-9:-]*)/g,aj);if(ax.rel){ax.rel.replace(/([a-zA-Z]+)=?([a-zA-Z0-9:-]*)/g,aj)}if(ap.gems&&ap.gems.length>0){var aq;for(aq=Math.min(3,ap.gems.length-1);aq>=0;--aq){if(parseInt(ap.gems[aq])){break}}++aq;if(aq==0){delete ap.gems}else{if(aq<ap.gems.length){ap.gems=ap.gems.slice(0,aq)}}}if(ak){var aw,am="www";aa=ax;if(ap.domain){am=ap.domain}else{if(ao&&ak[ao]){am=ak[ao]}else{if(ar){if($WH.isset("g_beta")&&g_beta){am="cata"}else{if($WH.isset("g_ptr")&&g_ptr){am="ptr"}else{if($WH.isset("g_old")&&g_old){am="old"}}}}}}if(c[am]){am=c[am]}aw=$WH.g_getLocaleFromDomain(am);if(am=="ptr"){aw="ptr"}else{if(am=="beta"||am=="cata"){aw="beta"}}K=am;if(ax.href.indexOf("#")!=-1&&document.location.href.indexOf(ak[an]+"="+ak[al])!=-1){return}k=((ax.parentNode.className.indexOf("icon")==0&&ax.parentNode.nodeName=="DIV")?1:0);if(!ax.onmouseout){if(k==0){ax.onmousemove=a}ax.onmouseout=ac}r(at);var av=$WH.g_getIdFromTypeName(ak[an]),au=ak[al];F(av,au,aw,ap)}}function B(al){al=$WH.$E(al);var ak=al._target;var aj=0;while(ak!=null&&aj<5&&ad(ak,al)==-2323){ak=ak.parentNode;++aj}}function a(aj){aj=$WH.$E(aj);r(aj);$WH.Tooltip.move(N,L,0,0,s,G)}function ac(){i=null;aa=null;$WH.Tooltip.hide()}function Y(aj,ak){return(v&&v.buff?"buff":"tooltip")+(ak?ak:"")+"_"+e[aj]}function ai(aj){return(v&&v.buff?"buff":"")+"spells_"+e[aj]}function o(ak,am,al){var aj=u[ak][0];if(aj[am]==null){aj[am]={}}if(aj[am].status==null){aj[am].status={}}if(aj[am].response==null){aj[am].response={}}if(aj[am].status[al]==null){aj[am].status[al]=S}}function F(ak,ao,am,an){if(!an){an={}}var al=h(ao,an);i=ak;P=al;T=am;v=an;o(ak,al,am);var aj=u[ak][0];if(aj[al].status[am]==R||aj[al].status[am]==w){af(aj[al][Y(am)],aj[al].icon,aj[al].map,aj[al][ai(am)],aj[al][Y(am,2)])}else{if(aj[al].status[am]==Q||aj[al].status[am]==V){af(D.loading)}else{d(ak,ao,am,null,an)}}}function d(at,an,au,al,ao){var aj=h(an,ao);var aq=u[at][0];if(aq[aj].status[au]!=S&&aq[aj].status[au]!=l){return}aq[aj].status[au]=Q;if(!al){aq[aj].timer=setTimeout(function(){p.apply(this,[at,aj,au])},333)}var am="";for(var ap in ao){if(ap!="rand"&&ap!="ench"&&ap!="gems"&&ap!="sock"&&ap!="diff"){continue}if(typeof ao[ap]=="object"){am+="&"+ap+"="+ao[ap].join(":")}else{if(ao[ap]===true){am+="&"+ap}else{am+="&"+ap+"="+ao[ap]}}}var ar=$WH.g_getDomainFromLocale(au);if(au=="ptr"){ar="ptr"}else{if(au=="beta"){ar="cata"}}var ak="";if(typeof g_dev=="undefined"||!g_dev){ak+=document.location.protocol+"//"+ar+".wowhead.com"}else{if(window.location.hostname.indexOf("dev.wowhead.com")!=-1){if(ar!="www"&&window.location.hostname.indexOf(ar)!=0){ak+=document.location.protocol+"//"+ar+"."+window.location.hostname}}}$WH.g_ajaxIshRequest(ak+"/"+u[at][1]+"="+an+"&power"+am);if(ag[at]&&!ag[at][au]){$WH.g_ajaxIshRequest(ak+ag[at].url)}}function af(ao,at,aj,ar,aq){if(aa&&aa._fixTooltip){ao=aa._fixTooltip(ao,i,P,aa)}var au=false;if(!ao){ao=u[i][2]+" not found :(";at="inv_misc_questionmark";au=true}else{if(v!=null){if(v.forg&&v.forg.length==2){var aw=[v.forg[0]];for(var an in $WH.g_individualToGlobalStat){if($WH.g_individualToGlobalStat[an]==aw[0]){aw.push(an)}}var al;if((al=ao.match(new RegExp("(<!--(stat|rtg)("+aw.join("|")+")-->)[+-]?([0-9]+)")))&&!ao.match(new RegExp("<!--(stat|rtg)"+v.forg[1]+"-->[+-]?[0-9]+"))){var av=Math.floor(al[4]*0.4),am=LANG.traits[$WH.g_statToJson[v.forg[1]]][0];if(v.forg[1]==6){ao=ao.replace("<!--rs-->","<br />+"+av+" "+am)}else{ao=ao.replace("<!--rr-->",$WH.sprintfa(LANG.tooltip_genericrating,am.toLowerCase(),v.forg[1],av))}ao=ao.replace(al[0],al[1]+(al[4]-av));ao=ao.replace("<!--rf-->",'<span class="q2">'+LANG.reforged+"</span><br />")}}if(v.pcs&&v.pcs.length){var ax=P.match(/^(\d+)/);ax=ax[1];var ak=0;for(var an=0,ap=v.pcs.length;an<ap;++an){var al;if(al=ao.match(new RegExp("<span><!--si([0-9]+:)*"+v.pcs[an]+'(:[0-9]+)*--><a href="/??item=(\\d+)">(.+?)</a></span>'))){ao=ao.replace(al[0],'<span class="q8"><!--si'+v.pcs[an]+'--><a href="/item='+al[3]+'">'+(($WH.isset("g_items")&&g_items[v.pcs[an]])?g_items[v.pcs[an]]["name_"+e[T]]:al[4])+"</a></span>");++ak}}if(ak>0){ao=ao.replace("(0/","("+ak+"/");ao=ao.replace(new RegExp("<span>\\(([0-"+ak+"])\\)","g"),'<span class="q2">($1)')}}if(v.know&&v.know.length){ao=$WH.g_setTooltipSpells(ao,v.know,ar)}if(v.lvl){ao=$WH.g_setTooltipLevel(ao,v.lvl,v.buff)}if(v.who&&v.when){ao=ao.replace("<table><tr><td><br />",'<table><tr><td><br /><span class="q2">'+$WH.sprintf(D.achievementcomplete,v.who,v.when.getMonth()+1,v.when.getDate(),v.when.getFullYear())+"</span><br /><br />");ao=ao.replace(/class="q0"/g,'class="r3"')}}}if(v.map&&aj&&aj.getMap){aq=aj.getMap()}if(k==1){$WH.Tooltip.setIcon(null);$WH.Tooltip.show(aa,ao,null,null,null,aq)}else{$WH.Tooltip.setIcon(at);$WH.Tooltip.showAtXY(ao,N,L,s,G,aq)}if(W&&$WH.Tooltip.logo){$WH.Tooltip.logo.style.display=(C?"block":"none")}}function p(ak,am,al){if(i==ak&&P==am&&T==al){af(D.loading);var aj=u[ak][0];aj[am].timer=setTimeout(function(){M.apply(this,[ak,am,al])},3850)}}function M(ak,am,al){var aj=u[ak][0];aj[am].status[al]=l;if(i==ak&&P==am&&T==al){af(D.noresponse)}}function h(ak,aj){return ak+(aj.rand?"r"+aj.rand:"")+(aj.ench?"e"+aj.ench:"")+(aj.gems?"g"+aj.gems.join(","):"")+(aj.sock?"s":"")}this.loadScales=function(al,am){var aj=u[al][0];for(var ak in e){if(am==ak||(!am&&!isNaN(ak))){ag[al][ak]=1;for(var an in aj){if(aj[an].status[ak]==V&&aj[an].response[ak]){aj[an].response[ak]()}}}}};this.register=function(al,an,am,ak){var aj=u[al][0];o(al,an,am);if(ag[al]&&!ag[al][am]){aj[an].status[am]=V;aj[an].response[am]=this.register.bind(this,al,an,am,ak);return}if(aj[an].timer){clearTimeout(aj[an].timer);aj[an].timer=null}if(ak.map){if(aj[an].map==null){aj[an].map=new Mapper({parent:$WH.ce("div"),zoom:3,zoomable:false,buttons:false})}aj[an].map.update(ak.map);delete ak.map}$WH.cO(aj[an],ak);if(aj[an].status[am]==Q||aj[an].status[am]==V){if(aj[an][Y(am)]){aj[an].status[am]=R}else{aj[an].status[am]=w}}if(i==al&&an==P&&T==am){af(aj[an][Y(am)],aj[an].icon,aj[an].map,aj[an][ai(am)],aj[an][Y(am,2)])}};this.registerNpc=function(al,ak,aj){this.register(x,al,ak,aj)};this.registerObject=function(al,ak,aj){this.register(n,al,ak,aj)};this.registerItem=function(al,ak,aj){this.register(E,al,ak,aj)};this.registerQuest=function(al,ak,aj){this.register(J,al,ak,aj)};this.registerSpell=function(al,ak,aj){this.register(y,al,ak,aj)};this.registerAchievement=function(al,ak,aj){this.register(q,al,ak,aj)};this.registerProfile=function(al,ak,aj){this.register(m,al,ak,aj)};this.request=function(aj,an,al,am){if(!am){am={}}var ak=h(an,am);o(aj,ak,al);d(aj,an,al,1,am)};this.requestItem=function(ak,aj){this.request(E,ak,b.getId(),aj)};this.requestSpell=function(aj){this.request(y,aj,b.getId())};this.getStatus=function(ak,am,al){var aj=u[ak][0];if(aj[am]!=null){return aj[am].status[al]}else{return S}};this.getItemStatus=function(ak,aj){this.getStatus(E,ak,aj)};this.getSpellStatus=function(ak,aj){this.getStatus(y,ak,aj)};if(W){this.set=function(aj){$WH.cO(z,aj)};this.showTooltip=function(al,aj,ak){r(al);af(aj,ak)};this.hideTooltip=function(){$WH.Tooltip.hide()};this.moveTooltip=function(aj){a(aj)}}ab()}};

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I guess you've opened this code using Notepad or some other plain text editor.. You might be able to view it properly using a proper code editor.

I guess you've opened this code using Notepad or some other plain text editor.. You might be able to view it properly using a proper code editor.

i opened it using dreamweaver, do you recommend other editing software for javascripts that may or might arrange it...

anyway, do you think someone could help me about this?

bump, can i receive some help...

The code editor doesn't have to be specifically designed for JavaScript.. There are some programs that edit many different types of languages. FrontPage 2003, for instance, can manipulate an unarranged code in: Ecmascript, JavaScript, Jscript, vbscript and xml.
I don't want to make it an advertisement.. You can find many good programs on the web.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.