Dear team,
"ajax" is not supporting for cross-domain compatibility.I want to implement cross-domain compatibility.Did any one know new technology or technique to implement the cross-domain compatibility.

Thank you,

With Regards,
Prem

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

You could make your javascript request of a page on your own domain, which then gets the contents of the page you really want.

Dear twiss,
I want to send the request to another domain .Using ajax it is not possible .

Thank you,

With Regards,
Prem

It isn't possible for the client side javascript to access another domain. <<<<SOLUTION DELETED BY AUTHOR>>>>

However this really doesn't sound like something that I would like to happen to any of my data. Sounds a lot like cross site scripting to me.

Speculation seldom helps form a solution. Whilst Javascript cannot directly access another domain, cross domain requests from a client side javascript are a routine event across the internet for API's such as Yahoo Pipes.

Prem2, what exactly are you trying to achieve? or perhaps more to the point is it just naughty or illegal lol

Dear Sogo7,
I have totally 5 servers. I want to access another server files like i want to post the data from one server to another server and get the information.

Thank you,

With Regards,
Prem

Provided all five servers (or is that websites?) are yours then reading files is a trivial matter as is POSTing data from one to another using a basic HTML form or a cURL script that runs on the sending server.

The only benefit of using AJAX is that the page does not need to refresh as part of the process.

JSONP

JSONP is supported by jQuery.

Neither you nor your users should have security concerns if all servers involved are members of a "mutually trusted group".

Airshow

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.