Hi
I really like the drop down that I found on http://www.scriptiny.com/2008/04/sli...dropdown-menu/

I have 4 Menus and when I add this this flows over the logo. The size of each menu is in fact too big. When I tried to alter this the size of sub-menus stay the same and it was looking ugly. I can't attach screenshot as SO doesnt allow me to. I basically want the size of the menu box to be smaller; CSS code is :

body {margin-left:140px; font:12px Verdana, Arial, Helvetica}
* {padding:0; margin:0}
.dropdown {float:right; padding-right:5px}
.dropdown dt {width:188px; border:2px solid #9ac1c9; padding:8px; font-weight:bold; cursor:pointer; background:url(images/header.gif)}
.dropdown dt:hover {background:url(images/header_over.gif)}
.dropdown dd {position:absolute; overflow:hidden; width:208px; display:none; background:#fff; z-index:200; opacity:0}
.dropdown ul {width:204px; border:2px solid #9ac1c9; list-style:none; border-top:none}
.dropdown li {display:inline}
.dropdown a, .dropdown a:active, .dropdown a:visited {display:block; padding:5px; color:#333; text-decoration:none; background:#eaf0f2; width:194px}
.dropdown a:hover {background:#d9e1e4; color:#000}
.dropdown .underline {border-bottom:1px solid #b9d6dc}!

The html code

<dl class="dropdown">
  <dt id="four-ddheader" onmouseover="ddMenu('four',1)" onmouseout="ddMenu('four',-1)">Contact Us</dt>
  <dd id="four-ddcontent" onmouseover="cancelHide('four')" onmouseout="ddMenu('four',-1)">

<ul>

<li><a href="contactUs.html">Contact Us</a></li>
    </ul>
  </dd>
</dl>
     <dl class="dropdown">
  <dt id="three-ddheader" onmouseover="ddMenu('three',1)" onmouseout="ddMenu('three',-1)">Support Centre</dt>
  <dd id="three-ddcontent" onmouseover="cancelHide('three')" onmouseout="ddMenu('three',-1)">
    <ul>
      <li><a href="tracking.html" class="underline">Shipment Tracking</a></li>
      <li><a href="news.html" class="underline">News/Notices</a></li>      
      <li><a href="webmail.html">Web Mail</a></li>
    </ul>
  </dd>

</dl>
<dl class="dropdown">
  <dt id="two-ddheader" onmouseover="ddMenu('two',1)" onmouseout="ddMenu('two',-1)">Services</dt>
  <dd id="two-ddcontent" onmouseover="cancelHide('two')" onmouseout="ddMenu('two',-1)">
    <ul>
      <li><a href="ocean_vessel_chartering.html" class="underline">Ocean Vessel Chartering</a></li>
      <li><a href="sea_freight_forwarding.html" class="underline">Sea Freight Forwarding</a></li>
      <li><a href="air_freight_forwarding.html" class="underline">Air Freight Forwarding</a></li>
      <li><a href="transhipment.html" class="underline">Sea &amp; Air Transshipment</a></li>
      <li><a href="consolidation.html" class="underline">Multi Country Consolidation</a></li>
      <li><a href="inland_haulage.html" class="underline">Inland Haulage</a></li>
      <li><a href="customs_brokerage.html" class="underline">Customs Brokerage</a></li>
      <li><a href="warehousing_and_distribution.html" class="underline">Warehousing &amp; Distribution</a></li>
      <li><a href="personal_effects.html">Personal Effects</a></li>
    </ul>
  </dd>
</dl>
</dl>
    <dl class="dropdown">
  <dt id="one-ddheader" onmouseover="ddMenu('one',1)" onmouseout="ddMenu('one',-1)">About CBC</dt>
  <dd id="one-ddcontent" onmouseover="cancelHide('one')" onmouseout="ddMenu('one',-1)">
    <ul>
      <li><a href="about.html" class="underline">Our History</a></li>
      <li><a href="#">Your Selected Partner</a></li>
    </ul>
  </dd>
</dl>

<div style="clear:both" />

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Four widths are specified in the CSS.

Try subtracting 20px from each of these widths.

If 20px is not enough, try subtracting another 10px and so on ...

Before you start, make a note of the original values in case it all goes wrong.

Airshow

Thanx Airshow , That did the trick :)

Four widths are specified in the CSS.

Try subtracting 20px from each of these widths.

If 20px is not enough, try subtracting another 10px and so on ...

Before you start, make a note of the original values in case it all goes wrong.

Airshow

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.