I have categories, that came from database. I have to create pages for all the categories. For this I am creating menu and submenus are displaying categories. All submenu items must correspond pages.

Here is an example:

---------
Menu |
---------
item1 | open item1.php (came from database)
---------
item2 | open item2.php (came from database)
---------
item3 | open item2.php (came from database)
---------

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Seems easy enough.

I guess a crude way would to be to create a series of links running down the page. For the menu.

Or code into existing menus such as superfish.
http://users.tpg.com.au/j_birch/plugins/superfish/#examples

I am asking to create dynamic pages, Menu is creating from DB. Suppose I have 3 items named item1, item2 and item3 then three dynamic webpages will be create named item1.php, item2.php and item3.php respective menu items.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Yes you just pass those parameters to php and build the html for the menu.

Using whatever menu system you want.

Yes you just pass those parameters to php and build the html for the menu.

Using whatever menu system you want.

Then, How I can create page name and content dynamically..

Member Avatar for iamthwee

With PHP... Look this is going around in circles.

All you are doing is building the html for your menu with PHP. Yes?

Take a look at the link below, its good for getting started building dynamic pages.
I can see above that you havent got many detailed answers on your questions here ;-)

Look at these videos, itll start you out, and you can definately learn to build dynamic pages taken from the database here.

http://www.developphp.com/

Go to the video tuts, and pick PHP/MySQL, scroll down to custom CMS.
It is an overkill for your question, but maybe it can take you even further.

Cheers, Klemme

you better learn php code ... it will be easier than making pages with eyes closed

before you create dynamic pages. practice yourself in creating static pages.

No need to create pages dynamically for that. Just create one page and use that page for all by passing the id in query string. for eg. if you create item.php as a page then use item.php?id=1 for first item and item.php?id=2 for second item and goes on.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.