I m not sure if thats right section, but I m pretty sure it's done with PHP. So the question is, how can I change a conetent inside a division without navigation to new page. For instance I have 4 division. Header, links, content, footer. Now if i click some link on links division then the content division would change its content, but all the other pages remain same and the page URL would also stay the same. I know it could be done with

<php include('page.php') ?>

but this would still expect me to open a new page. I hope I didnt express myself too messy.

<html>
<head>
</head>
<body>
<div id="header">

<div id="navigation>
<a href="TriggerContentChange.php">Link</a>
</div>

</div>

<div id="content">

<!-- I need this division to change content when I click on link, but the page has to remain the same -->

</div>

</div id="footer">

</div>

</body>
</html>

Regards,

Martin

Member Avatar for diafol
<?php 
$defaultpage = "main";  
$page = (isset($_GET['page']) && in_array($_GET['page'], array(...list of pages...)) ? $_GET['page'] : $defaultpage;
?>
<html>
<head>
</head>
<body>
<div id="header">

<div id="navigation>
<a href="TriggerContentChange.php">Link</a>
</div>

</div>

<div id="content">

<?php include('content.php');?> 
</div>

</div id="footer">

</div>

</body>
</html>

You could do something like this. It's a bit rough and reaady. The content.php page will accept a $page variable and using a switch condition will load the appropriate data. 'main' is the default page if no page is set or the page does not exist.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.