Hi Frendz,
In my vehicle tracking system, I have got the latitude and longitude points of the vehicle for every 30 secs while the vehicle moving. Now i need to get the report of the vehicles when it crosses from one state to another state and one district to another district. How to find it using latitude and longitude points? If anybody doing the projects like this then guide me.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Member Avatar for diafol

Can lang/lat give you state or district? If drive is in Newport - the DB or whatever you're using to store the data will hold Newport. If the driver moves into Cardiff, the value will change, so do something (eg alert). If no change e.g. 80 updates while in Newport - no alert. Is that what you wanted?

commented: useful post. +4

Can lang/lat give you state or district? If drive is in Newport - the DB or whatever you're using to store the data will hold Newport. If the driver moves into Cardiff, the value will change, so do something (eg alert). If no change e.g. 80 updates while in Newport - no alert. Is that what you wanted?

Yes Ardav, I got a hint from this post. Thanks a lot.

Thanks Ardav for your valuable post. I have done this process with your idea.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.