Hello, this is my first time posting here. Thanks for any help you may bring to the situation.

Right now I am stumped and can not figure out exactly how to do what I want. Or even where to start. What I would like to do is build out a webpage where people can come, enter in values in different tables and then hit "Calculate" and get the results back on the same page.

A break down would be:

Collection 1 (has the following: )
Table A Table B Table C
-----
Collection 2 (has the following: )
Table A Table B Table C
-----
"Calculate"
-----
-----
Display (Totals: )
Table A Table B Table C

A person would be able to enter values in Table A, Table B and Table C in both Collection 1 and 2, and then when clicking "Calculate" it would then render the sum of the values in the Display's total areas. A, B, C.

So the values from both Collection's Table A would show the sum in Display's Table A.

So A+A=A, B+B=B, C+C=C.

I need this to be extendable out to many different fields all still doing the same job i.e: A+A+A+A+A+A+A+A+A+A+A+A+A+A+A+A+A+A=A

Again, thanks in advance for any help!

alxrite,

I think what you want is quite easy but I'm finding it difficult to understand what each table and each "collection" comprises.

Can you post one collection's worth of HTML please?

Airshow

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.