hi all

I am using a third party gateway. The third party gateway does not support query-string , so i will need to post the form to pass the values to the given URL and another thing is that they don't expose the web-services so we need to use their page and that means we need to host it in an iframe in asp.net

so what i did is that i have hidden fields that will be used as parameters as depicted below

<input type="hidden" name="p1" value='4635' />
        <input type="hidden" name="p2" value='Reference_test' />
        <input type="hidden" name="p3" value='Purchase credits' />
        <input type="hidden" name="p4" value='500' />
        <input type="hidden" name="m_1" value='142' />
        <input type="hidden" name="m_2" value='720' />

and i will have a button to demonstrate what i want and i have an iframe as depicted below

<asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Text="Proceed"  PostBackUrl="https://www.vcs.co.za/vvonline/ccform.asp" />
          <iframe id="iframe1"    src=""
            style="width: 744px; height: 333px; margin-top: 16px; margin-bottom: 0px;"> 
		Your browser does not support inline frames or is currently configured not to display inline frames.
		</iframe>

now on form load i have this

<body onload="Loadiframe()"

and the Javascript looks like this

<script type="text/javascript">
        function Loadiframe() {
            document.getElementById("iframe1").src = "https://www.vcs.co.za/vvonline/ccform.asp"

return false;
        }
    </script>

now the purpose of this , is to load the iframe after the page load event of the asp.net gets fired.

Now my problem here is that when the iframe loads , it does not pass the parameters to the url that is being set in the iframe.

I have attached the example, project. (2kb)

When you run the project you will notice when the iframe loads there is an Error

"NO VCS ID"

now this means that the parameters were not passed when the Iframe loads , i can understand because it seems like iframe does not do a full form post. so to demonstrate what i want, click the proceed button and you will notice it will give you a page with no errors and it will be a page where credit card details are required , i want to iframe to load that the first time.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi,

You can try to use the target="" attribute on the <form /> tag to post data to the IFRAME as follows:

<form id="Form1" runat="server"  method="post" target="iframe1">
<iframe  name="iframe1"  style="width: 744px; height: 333px; margin-top: 16px; margin-bottom:0px;" >

Also please refer the discussion in the following threads:

How do you post to an Iframe?
JavaScript post request like a form submit

I have tried that, can you please edit the example project and send it back to me.

Thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.