Hi friends,

I m a php coder and in one of my real estate portal I likes to use any one of best php frame work. Please advise / suggest me a best and easy learning one..

Thanks
rajeesh

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I wouldn't honestly recommend any framework let alone Zend (seen it's footprint?)

CakePHP,
CodeIgniter,
PIP,
Fuel,
Zend

The idea is, do you really need a framework for you project?
If so do need something that's as bulky as Zend, or as simplistic/lightweight as PIP?

Work out what you need, then choose which framework if any is most suitable for you.
Each have their advantages and their disadvantages.

My suggestion is, if you just need something to structure your site (perhaps you're looking at using the MVC pattern) and a bit more organized and clean I'd start of with PIP.

Hi friends thanks for the reply and

I need a light weight frame work for the project and that mus be easy learning one because I need to complete the project asap

Thanks for the answers
Rajeesh

Depends on your server configuration. If you can use PHP 5.1.6 or newer go with CodeIgniter, otherwise if you have PHP 4.3.2 or higher you can use CakePHP. They're both good but I prefer CodeIgniter, is simple to learn and the user guide is good as the community:

- http://codeigniter.com/user_guide/

Then, if you need it, you can also mix them with Zend. It's not so difficult.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.