hi,
i looking for a class that can handle with winrar and zip files
i have found a lot of resource for zip but none for winrar...
any one know something that work in both of the type files?
thanks
:)

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

hi,
thanks for your help but that class return this error:
Fatal error: Class 'RarArchive' not found i think that is not installed on my shared server and the possibl. for install is null
do you know a alternative?

thanks for your help

Don't know of one. Perhaps you can write one. It is possible to call rar through the command line.

You do realize that though you can open and read FROM .rar files, you can't actually create them? WinRar's main site.

If you're looking to open user-uploaded rar and zip files (the thought which scares the living hell out of me) then you will probably want to just stick with zip only, or maybe add gzip.

Hope this helps.

Don't know of one. Perhaps you can write one. It is possible to call rar through the command line.

i using a shared server i think i can´t do that in that kind os server

You do realize that though you can open and read FROM .rar files, you can't actually create them? WinRar's main site.

If you're looking to open user-uploaded rar and zip files (the thought which scares the living hell out of me) then you will probably want to just stick with zip only, or maybe add gzip.

Hope this helps.

yes i know, i don´t want open the files uploaded by the user i want that the script can open and see the content for the users can find the content without downloading the files, this is already working for zip files but some files is compressed in rar format...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.