I'm working on the Help system. In the Help system, there is the WYSIWYG Editor to allow users to input content. However, the content includes the text and image. My question is How to store the content of WYSIWYG Editor into database?

I really appreciate all your help. Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I'm working on the Help system. In the Help system, there is the WYSIWYG Editor to allow users to input content. However, the content includes the text and image. My question is How to store the content of WYSIWYG Editor into database?

I really appreciate all your help. Thanks!

No and Yes!
No, in that there is no such a thing...and Yes, you can code a class/function to do that
Just remember to clean the data and escape them to avoid attacks

No and Yes! No, in that there is no such a thing...and Yes, you can code a class/function to do that Just remember to clean the data and escape them to avoid attacks

Thanks for your reply, evstevemd! But I still got confused. Here I attached a screenshot . In this case, How did they store content(includes text, image, list) of the Editor into the database?

Thanks again?

Thanks for your reply, evstevemd!
But I still got confused. Here I attached a screenshot[ATTACH]21581[/ATTACH]. In this case, How did they store content(includes text, image, list) of the Editor into the database?

Thanks again?

usually those editors are embeded in <textarea>right here!</textarea> in a normal form. So the thing is catched using normal POST. and then you clean it with library like html purifier and insert in database.
I hope it clears the confusion!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.