my program allows users to leave reminders to themselves.
tblReminder looks like this-
title
content
date

now the idea behind it is that once the date that the user chose comes, the user will recieve an email to his email account with the content of the reminder.

I can write a function that sends emails, but what I don't know is how to make the email to be sent (or in other words- to run the function) at a specific day without any action from the user.

I'm used to using links and buttons so I can't understand how to make something work without clicking anything or even opening the page!! help!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

my program allows users to leave reminders to themselves.
tblReminder looks like this-
title
content
date

now the idea behind it is that once the date that the user chose comes, the user will recieve an email to his email account with the content of the reminder.

I can write a function that sends emails, but what I don't know is how to make the email to be sent (or in other words- to run the function) at a specific day without any action from the user.

I'm used to using links and buttons so I can't understand how to make something work without clicking anything or even opening the page!! help!

For this you have to use CRONJOB, Googling with keyword 'CRONJOB PHP'

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.