Hi there,
I am having a few problems with my website http://antobbo.webspace.virginmedia.com/photography/testing/home.htm in IE6.
Now, I don't want to waste too much time on this, as in I don't want ti to be perfect but I just want it to be looking decent in IE6. I created a separate css for IE6 called ie6-and-down.css and few things work but others really don't.
The problems I am having are:
with the homepage; the box with the slideshow doesn't work as in the picture doesn't change and the box overlaps everything else in the background. I also have a kind of nested frame which somehow breaks in IE6. this is the relevant bit referring to the homepage slideshow in the ie6 css:

/* PICTURE BOX HOMEPAGE*/
.picture_box_home
{
clear:both; /* need to add this to make sure the navigation doesn't overlap it. Strangely, this doesn't happen in IE*/
/*background-color:red;*/
border:7px solid #7d003a;
width:618px;
min-height:415px;
margin:1px auto;
}

.in_pic
{
border:4px solid white;
width:610px;
min-height:407px;
margin:0 auto;
}

.in_pic1
{
border:4px solid #7d003a;
width:602px;
min-height:399px;
/*background: #000000 url(../images/test1.jpg) no-repeat;*/
}
.slideshow
{

}

/*END OF HOMEPAGE */

slightly different from the bit I use for the rest of the browsers:

/* PICTURE BOX*/
.picture_box_home
{
clear:both; /* need to add this to make sure the navigation doesn't overlap it. Strangely, this doesn't happen in IE*/
/*background-color:red;*/
border:7px solid #7d003a;
width:618px;
min-height:415px;
margin:10px auto;
position:relative;

}

.in_pic
{
border:4px solid white;
width:610px;
min-height:407px;
position:absolute;

}

.in_pic1
{
border:4px solid #7d003a;

}
.slideshow
{

}

I am really at loss on how to get this to work in IE6. As you can see I tried to remove few things - which is why the css for IE6 is different - like the position:absolute; but no joy.

The second problem is with the pages with the pictures page, say this: http://antobbo.webspace.virginmedia.com/photography/testing/animal.htm
the script in IE6 doesn't work, the pictures don't change, and again, I have absolutely no idea why that doesn't work. The curious thing is though that if I check the local copy of this website which I have on my machine with IE6 the script works, the pictures change fine, but when I check the live site it doesn't work...

Does anybody have any suggestion at all?
thanks a lot

I had someone who had the same problem but they said it was an issue with activex,maybe you check in that line.

Hi there, thanks, how would I do that, do you know?
Not sure whether it is that though cos I tried from another machine running IE6 and I had the same result, the homepage is not looking good and the script doesn't work...

ok, I managed to resolve one of the issues, the home page. After trying and trying, I found out that IE6 doesn't support min-height , so I removed all of them from the IE6 CSS and replaced them with height : that sorted it out so now the slideshow on the home page works fine (I have changed it only on my local copy so it's not live yet), so thanks anyway.
What I still can't fix though (and I can't fix it because I really don't seem to understand what's wrong with it), is the script that regulates the change of the pictures on pages like http://antobbo.webspace.virginmedia.com/photography/testing/light.htm
I tried on yet another machine running IE6 and it kind of works a bit, in that the images change when I click on the thumbnail but the actual thumbnail often (but not always!)disappears altogether making an absolute mess of the navigation, I attached a screenshot...I just don't know...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.