joneq 0 Newbie Poster

Hello to all,and happy new year. I have simplemachines forum 1.1 rc1 installed on my site. I was just in the admin section doing really nothing and all of a sudden without really doing anything I got this when I clicked on something. It was not a delete buttom or anything serios like that. Just maybe a button to go to another part of the admin.

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /home/rockstar/public_html/index.php on line 206

the whole file was replaced with the right one.

I then go to log ib and i get this

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/======/public_html/Settings.php on line 28'

the area around the error looks like this line 24 to 28

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
########## Maintenance ##########
# Note: If $maintenance is set to 2, the forum will be unusable! Change it to 0 to fix it.
$maintenance = 0; # Set to 1 to enable Maintenance Mode, 2 to make the forum untouchable. (you'll have to make it 0 again manually!)
$mtitle = 'Maintenance Mode'; # Title for the Maintenance Mode message.
$mmessage = 'Okay faithful users...we're attempting to restore an older backup of the database...news will be posted once we're back!'; # Description of why the forum is in maintenance mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$mmessage = starts line 28 and all that folows is 28 what is above is line 24 to 27

Does anybody see any problems that could cause the errror

Thanks for any help.