Hi :)

Is there any way, using PHP, to display a mini-version of an external website ?

What I'm trying to achieve is when my users enter a link, then it should automatically try to display the link's contents - but within a given height / width.

Appriciate any feedback :D

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

No, this is not possible using PHP only.

You could use PHP to call an external program that does this. Also, there are plenty of websites that offer this as a service (paid of course).

No, this is not possible using PHP only.

You could use PHP to call an external program that does this. Also, there are plenty of websites that offer this as a service (paid of course).

Thanks for replying so quick :)

I've been able to open an external website using Curl..but this of course ends up in opening the whole webpage in its full format with html and all unfortunately...

Do you have any examples / links to these external programs you're referring to? Never done anything like this, so I'm somewhat clueless at the moment :)

Would, as far as possible, hopefully be able to create it on my own server rather than user a commercial service from another server.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.