HI
Id lyk to know how you create web pages that are consistent on different resolutions especially the small ones i mean small monitors. I've used some css absolute positioning on my site stuff really overlaps on smaller screens-bad.thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

hello!
if you understand well CSS positioning,so you can do this approach:
first,always put the content in a main DIV that you define his margin,so you let a custom space in left and right of the page.

second,if you use and understand well CSS,then the content shouldn't overlap,but if you said so,you can check the screen resolution of the client then in your project you have 2 different design of each page,one of them is designed for the smaller screens.
happy coding!

HI
Id lyk to know how you create web pages that are consistent on different resolutions especially the small ones i mean small monitors. I've used some css absolute positioning on my site stuff really overlaps on smaller screens-bad.thanks

This is one of the practicle problem you are facing with style-sheet.
Best way is to create a website design using using minimum resolution say 800x600. So Also, make outer div or table width and height tags fixed so that they are not going to scatter on maximum resolution.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.